Posted in Graphic Design 1

Lesson 4- Working With Objects

In this lesson I learned how to work with layers, edit graphics, and type on a path in Indesign. I simply followed the instructions, doing what it said. I struggled a little with getting through this just because of all the little things to do, even though they weren’t hard.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Indesign Lesson 1

In this lesson, I just familiarized myself with the tools and features of Indesign. The hardest part of this was actually reading the instructions, as the constant doing and undoing confused me for some reason. Ultimately I just followed along and skimmed through, as I knew most of what it was trying to teach.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Lesson 2- Edible Blossoms

In this lesson, I continued to familiarize myself with using InDesign. I learned how to make text styles, how to use object styles, paragraph styles, and how to drop in images. Following the steps, I changed the color and font of certain texts, italicised, and added the dining room image in the top right. Finally, I changed one of the flowers and the bottom bar into a green color, and then added some drop shadows behind the list of fo food.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Animation Lesson- Coffee

In this project, I made a mockup coffee shop sign. It was a struggle for me, and I’m not sure why. I messed up my coffee mug somehow, making things like changing the stroke size or adding a handle very difficult. So I opted out on that. I tried following the instructions to the best of my ability otherwise, though.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Lily Pads

In this project, I learnt how to make lily pads. I used a gradient for the background, and I used the pen tool to make the petals and lily pads. I made gradients inside the petals and pads and then made water rippling effects after. Overall, it was okay, but I struggled in making it look alright.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Jellyfish

In this project, I attempted to make a jellyfish. I learned about custom brushes, effects, and gradients. I followed the instructions best I could, but this was a struggle for me. I couldn’t get things to work exactly how I wanted them to, I couldn’t get things to look right, and overall, it was not easy.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Simple Shapes- Basketball Player

In this project, I used Adobe Illustrator to make a basketball player. I forgot that I was meant to make it in my likeness, so I may have just made some edgy kid that was forced to play basketball in PE. I experimented quite a bit with the tools the tutorial showed me how to do, such as experimenting with the knife tool, shape merger tool, shape tools, and pen. I also figured out how to mess with opacity, so I decided to adjust the shadows and lighting to make them look a little nicer. I did kinda struggle with the feet, but the feet in the tutorial don’t look the coolest either so it’s fine. I also struggled with the basketball, but when I actually did it as the tutorial said, then it worked, so that’s good too.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Lesson 2- Protect Our Wildlife

In this lesson I learnt many basic skills of Adobe Illustrator, such as Isolation mode, grouping, selecting, resizing, and aligning. I simply followed the instructions step by step, first grouping and aligning the bamboo, then creating the red panda’s body, then placing in the bamboo, then adding leaves, and then finally the eye shines.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Turkey (11/17/20)

In this project I made a turkey in Adobe Illustrator, I mainly used the shape tools, making elipses and rounded rectangles, but I also used the pen tool to make special shapes. I followed the provided youtube tutorial step by step, while also adding some personality of my own to my turkey. For example, I made its eyes derpy and its hat tiny.

Posted in Graphic Design 1

Nut and Squirrel Boutique

In this project I practiced and learned several skills in Adobe Illustrator. I learned how to use shape tools, make symbols, trace, ect.

There were a few things I could not do for some reason- I could not round the background rectangle, and I could not use the font that the instructions had. However, I worked around it best I could, and improvised and adapted.